InsideCounsel offers a wide range of free whitepapers, case studies and industry analysis provided by industry leaders. Please review our current Resource Center content that can help you today!
For information on posting content or content syndication in the Resource Center, please contact Tracey Zwolak.
Take control of preservation by adopting a master game plan. In this PREX17 session summary, get practical tips on creating, monitoring and documenting a preservation process that is litigation ready.Read More
Defensibly managing preservation is no easy task. Without proven tools and rules for legal holds, data deletion, custodian communication and outsourcing files, your preservation approach can be a liability - bloating production times, draining budgets and increasing risk.
In a wide-ranging discussion at PREX17, the premier conference for in-house e-discovery professionals, panelists offered best practices for every step of the preservation process, from before a lawsuit is anticipated through the release of the legal hold. The result is a veritable playbook for optimizing preservation, from start to finish.
Get practical tips from:
- Cortney Starble, EDiscovery Specialist at CBRE, Inc.
- Leslie Kendrick, Litigation Counsel at Daimler
- Bryan Dearinger, Associate General Counsel at University of Oregon
Empower preservation with this playbook to lower risk, save costs and earn more wins for the team.
From Thomson Reuters
Is your law department ready to go global? This article provides evaluations and solutions for management to effectively prepare their team to handle the challenges of a global law department.Read More
As companies expand operations into the global marketplace, they rely on their in-house law departments to structure the cross-border transactions and comply with local law. To global legal services, law departments must efficiently and effectively manage their teams and resources.
Prepare your legal department to handle global matters with this article that addresses:
- Legal team assessment and alignment of legal services with business needs
- The reporting structure of the department
- Team-building, global communication and adjustments for legal and cultural differences
- Engagement and retention of team members
- Training and resource allocation
- Consistency of legal services
- Performance appraisals
Intellectual property disputes are growing in complexity and costs, and businesses are seeking efficient alternatives to litigation. Seven myths about IP arbitration are debunked herein.Read More
A business's success, competitive advantage and even its viability can depend upon protecting its intellectual property (IP) assets – patents, copyrights, trademarks, etc. As today’s IP disputes grow in complexity, involving multiple jurisdictions, defendants and fast-growing technologies, so do costs and time.
Given the impact IP disputes can have on business success, businesses are reexamining how to handle them most effectively. Arbitration is an effective, cost-efficient answer for IP case resolution, but it is often bypassed for litigation due to common myths.
This white paper debunks seven common myths about arbitration and IP cases including:
- Arbitration is no quicker or less expensive than litigation.
- IP cases are best decided in a court setting.
- Arbitration is not appropriate for very large or very small cases.
- Arbitration is effective when used in licensing disputes, not patent infringement.
From NAVEX Global
Many organizations find it challenging to identify, mitigate and prevent third-party risk. This report will clear away confusion and paint a clear picture on prevention best practices.Read More
Third-party risk management is a top concern among compliance leaders. However, it can be difficult to understand how your third-party risk management program performs against trends in the market and whether it actually follows best practices.
Download this report for inspiration, justification and the direction necessary to make key decisions about the future of your organization’s approach to third-party risk management. This report can help you:
- Determine whether your third-party due diligence practices protect your organization or expose it to risk
- Benchmark your third-party risk management program against peers, industry norms and best practices
- Leverage report data and recommendations to improve your program effectiveness
Even as more organizations take a structured approach to managing their risk, many feel the programs still don’t deliver. Understand what people look for and how to fulfill those demands.
Regulation and compliance issues regularly keep general counsel up at night. This eBook provides insights, tips and solutions to improve enterprise collaboration and create a culture of compliance.Read More
Maintaining communication lines between departments is crucial to managing risk and compliance. Most organizations strive to effectively and cost-efficiently mitigate risks that can hinder their operations or ability to remain competitive. Additionally, an ever-changing regulatory environment also puts increased focus on the challenges as well as the impacts of the legal function.
This e-book offers insights, tips, and solutions to improve collaboration and is based on an in-depth panel discussion of compliance and risk leaders at Compliance Week 2017 on the topic of: Bridging the Gap Between Legal, Compliance and Operational Risk.
Download this eBook for insight on:
- How various trends in organizational structures affect collaboration
- Challenges and barriers associated with collaboration and implementation
- Solutions to help ensure communication and collaboration across the entire enterprise